Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Where is the pause button????

You know those moments in life that you just want to capture---to permanently freeze so that you don't just "remember" it, but that you actually FEEL it all over again? I think I have those moments a lot...and might not even notice.

In this hurried hurried world, I definitely need a pause button. Just a few minutes to sit back and think about what these moments mean---to look at it from a few different angles and put it in perspective, learn a lesson, better myself, and more importantly to remember to be so thankful. I had a lot of those today. Just sweet little reminders that my kids are my greatest blessings, that my husband makes me proud, that whether we are all wrestling on the floor of our new house or on the floor of an old trailer it still would have been just as great, that I have a God who loves me and that wants me to love Him more. Can I share a few of those moments with you?
Walker, Sawyer, and even Sunny were "playing" instruments for me on the floor. Sawyer was jamming out on the guitar, and Sunny and Walker were banging on the drums...Sawyer says "hit it walker, sing the song you wrote" and Walker yells out "when you are bad NANANANANANANANANANANANA you don't get to go to the doughnut shop........when you are sad you go to the doughnut shop and it makes you glad NANANANANANANANA"

PAUSE.....three sweet babies laughing, singing, playing together, bringing so much joy to their mommy (by the way, how is it that Walker, at age 3, has already picked up on the glory that is Krispy Kreme?)

I'll limit it to one more PAUSEable moment. Tonight as the boys were going to sleep I read a Bible story that talked about God answering prayers. I told the boys "God will always hear your prayers", and Sawyer said "mom, on the movie that we just watched it said that God will always answer your prayers, but that it isn't always right away and sometimes he says no, sometimes yes and sometimes he says wait" PAUSE. . .whether or not my sweet 5 year old little boy can fully understand this statement or not doesn't matter....the fact that his little brain heard that statement and held on to it does matter! Then Sawyer said "sometimes I don't know if I can hear God" and Walker said "That's because you have to be quiet because He whispers."

Where is that pause button??

6 comments:

The Booys said...

okay, that is so sweet. I completely agree on the pause button. I pray that my mind will be able to hold onto some of those jewels forever.

And on the tagging thing. I really don't care when and or if you get to it. Seriously, I will let you slide on this one. I was tagged and then I felt obliged to pass it on. You know. You just popped into my head because of your candor!! he. he. Love ya.

Kipplyn said...

Stacy, you are so precious and great at capturing these glimpes of heaven. Can´t wait to see you and the kids!

Robbins' Nest said...

I love it! I'm so glad you wrote that down and shared it, you have a precious family.

Aubrey said...

Oh that is so sweet. I love what Sawyer said about being quiet because God whispers.

The Pomeroy's said...

I TOTALLY agree!! There are little moments everyday where God just takes your breath away!

Kipplyn said...

ok, can't you find it in you to blog at least once a month???? we all love reading what you have to say! Miss you!