Monday, December 31, 2007

And the winner is. . . .My Dad!


A big congratulations to my dad, Ron Harp, for his exciting victory as the Mountain Man Big Buck winner. His buck was a 21 (almost 22) point. If you haven't aleady heard the story, let me give you a little background. My dad rarely gets to hunt on his own land, not because of lack of time or interest, but because his generosity often gets in the way. He usually lets my brother or husband or one of his other hunting buddies use the stands and locations that he preps and cares for every season. On this particular day Ben didn't make it over to Siloam, so dad sat in the stand that Ben usually uses. The funny thing is, he didn't shoot the deer the first time he saw it. Since it was headed in the direction of my brother's stand, he let it go by so that Jeremy could get it. When the deer turned to go in the opposite direction, away from my brother's stand, my dad decided it was now or never! As soon as dad called with the news the boys and Ben headed to Siloam. What a day!

1 comment:

Bo said...

That is an impressive kill. I can almost taste the deer sausage. Gerri told us about it, but the rack is more impressive when you see the picture. I have saved the page and will take it back to the house to show everyone. Thanks for posting. We enjoy seeing what everyone is doing.